Black Bio Ball Filter Media
- Bio balls are small, pegged plastic balls mainly used as the biological media in aquarium filters.
- These little plastic bio balls have TONS of surface area for the growth of bacteria for filtration.
- They are used as the biological media in salt water and fresh water aquariums as well as ponds.
- They are really simple to use: place into a mesh bag and drop into the pond filter.
- Do not clean the bio-balls thoroughly, or you will risk killing off all the beneficial bacteria that you need to filter your water.
- Another use for bio-balls: fill your tank’s overflow box.
- They will keep your snails and other animals from going down the overflow as well as quiet the overflow greatly.