FritzPro Calcium Chloride
- Pure, Anhydrous Calcium Chloride
- Customize Your Parameters
- Same High Quality Ingredients as RPM Marine Salt Mix
- Economical, High Value Dry Powder
- Ammonia and Phosphate Free
- No Uneccessary Trace Elements
About FritzPro Calcium Chloride
FritzPro Calcium Chloride is a convenient and economical professional bulk reef supplement that can be used alone or as part of a two part calcium and alkalinity supplement system to raise calcium levels in enclosed reef systems, for experienced marine/reef aquarists. FritzPro Calcium Chloride provides supplemental calcium to reef inhabitants such as corals, snails, hard tube worms and clams, and promotes the growth of purple, pink and green calcareous algae.
Monitoring and maintaining calcium levels is an important part of helping to stabilize water chemistry values, resulting in better coral, coralline algae and invertebrate growth and health.
Directions & Dosage
Adjustment Dosage: Begin by measuring the calcium concentration of the aquarium water and determine how much you wish to increase it. Each 1 gram per 10 gallons will raise calcium level approx. 10 ppm. One teaspoon (approx. 5.2 g) per 10 gallons will raise calcium 50 ppm.
- For best results, dissolve FritzPro Calcium Chloride in RO/DI or distilled water before dosing to sump or high flow area of the aquarium
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for invertebrates
- Dry products measured by volume (teaspoons, cups, etc) will always give approximate results – use a gram scale if available. If a gram scale is not available, be sure to test for correct concentration after use
- It is recommended to dose in partial increments of 1/3 to 1/2 of the total. Wait 24 hours after first partial dose, check calcium levels, dose another portion
- This product becomes hot when mixed with water, use rubber gloves. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash hands after handling
- Some cloudiness is normal
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place with lid tightly sealed
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test for calcium with reliable calcium test kits
NOTE: If magnesium levels are too low, the addition of calcium and alkalinity supplements will simply result in the chemical precipitation of calcium carbonate. Adjust the magnesium concentration first with FritzPro Magnesium Sulfate and FritzPro Magnesium Chloride or Fritz RPM Liquid Magnesium before adjusting calcium and alkalinity.