About FritzZyme® 7 Freshwater
FritzZyme® 7 contains live freshwater-specific strains of live nitrifying bacteria proven to reduce fish loss due to toxic levels of ammonia and nitrite. Nitrifying bacteria can take weeks to naturally establish colonies in new aquariums while ammonia and nitrite can reach lethal levels in only a few days. FritzZyme® 7 provides the proper balance of bacteria proven to rapidly seed biofilters, greatly reducing the natural cycle time allowing for safe, faster addition of livestock.
FritzZyme® 7 may be added to new tanks or established systems any time the biofilter needs fortification including: after water changes, aggressive cleaning, adding new livestock, medicating or changing filter media.
Why add nitrifying bacteria?
Nitrifying bacteria can take weeks to naturally establish colonies in new aquariums while ammonia and nitrite can reach lethal levels in only a few days. FritzZyme® Live Nitrifying Bacteria provides the species of bacteria proven by professional zoos, aquariums, universities, and aquaculture facilities to rapidly seed biofilters. FritzZyme® quickly removes toxic ammonia and nitrite in existing systems and greatly reduces cycle time allowing for safe, immediate addition of livestock in new systems. FritzZyme* Nitrifying bacteria may also be added any time the bio-filter needs fortification including after water changes, aggressive cleaning, adding new livestock, medicating, or changing filter media.
Live, Viable Product
Unlike some heterotrophic bacteria, which can survive in a long-term spore state, only true nitrifying bacteria can cycle an aquarium. True nitrifying bacteria are fragile and temperature-sensitive, which is difficult to produce and package. FritzZyme® 7 is buffered for long-term stability without the need for refrigeration.
Years of Proven Success
Fritz Aquatics has been continuously producing the highest quality, viable, nitrifying bacteria for over 30 years and was the first company to commercially produce nitrifying bacteria for the aquarium industry. Fritz Aquatics has remained a leader in the industry with continuous research, production, and development. There are very few producers of true live nitrifying bacteria, none of which can match the experience and success of FritzZyme®.
Directions & Dosage
For new systems, dose 4 oz (119 ml / ½ cup) per 10 US gallons (38 L). For established systems, use 2 oz (60 ml / ¼ cup) per 10 US gallons (38 L). For a large livestock system or systems with heavy bioload, new system dosage may be safely increased up to 10x.
- For best results, maintain ideal water parameters noted below and use FritzZyme® 7 before the expiration date on the package
- All chlorine and chloramines must be removed from water before adding FritzZyme® 7
- Nitrifying bacteria require ammonia and nitrite to survive; in new systems introduce livestock or another ammonia source like Fishless Fuel to start cycling
- Maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Discontinue use of skimmer and UV sterilizers for at least 5 days after application
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with all species, including plants and invertebrates
- Safe to add directly into a tank with livestock present
- Will not color or cloud aquarium water
- Variations of odor and color between bottles is normal, a strong sulfur smell does not mean the bacteria are dead
- Do not freeze or overheat. Store in a cool, dark place
- Overdosed? Live nitrifying bacteria are very safe even if overdosed. Observe for any distress, perform small water changes if necessary
Ideal parameters for FritzZyme® 7 nitrifying bacteria:
Temperature: 77-86 F (25-30 C)
pH: 7.3-8.0; nitrification is completely inhibited below pH 6.0
Salinity: 0 – 6 ppt (1.000 to 1.0045 sg); active up to 15 ppt (1.011 sg)
Alkalinity (KH): minimum 4.5 dKH or 80.5 ppm KH
Phosphate: above 0 ppm
|8 oz.||40 gal.||80207|
|16 oz.||80 gal.||80209|
|32 oz.||160 gal.||80210|
|1 gal.||640 gal.||80223|
There are no reviews yet.