About FritzPond Algae Clean Out
Excessive algae growth is the most common complaint of hobbyists of all experience levels. Left unchecked, it is both unattractive and hazardous to fish and plant life. FritzPond Algae Clean Out® is the most concentrated EPA-registered algaecide formula available. FritzPond Algae Clean Out® targets string algae, blanketweed and green water caused by single-celled algae. Unlike some algaecides on the market, FritzPond Algae Clean Out contains no copper and is a selective algae control product that will not harm fish and live plants when used as directed.
FritzPond Algae Clean Out is effective in ponds, fountains and small water features.
Directions & Dosage
Use 6 drops per 10 U.S. gallons (37.85 L). Use 18 drops (½ tsp) per 30 U.S. gallons (114L). Use 5 ml (1 tsp) per 60 U.S. gallons (227.1 L). Repeat dose every three days until algae is controlled.
- For best results, add Algae Clean Out to a sump or high flow area of the the tank
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- NOT SAFE FOR USE WITH FRESHWATER INVERTEBRATES including: snails, shrimp, clams, other crustaceans or molluscs; remove these types of livestock before dosing
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Manually remove as much algae as possible before treatment, and after treatment
- Perform a water change 1-2 days after treatment to remove excess nutrients
- Water should be well aerated via waterfall, fountain or other method to prevent fish loss from depleted oxygen, especially during warmer temperatures.
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test for ammonia, nitrites, and phosphates with reliable test kits as dying algae may release these nutrients back into the water column.
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
|8 oz||2,839 gal||25008|
|16 oz||5,678 gal||25016|
|32 oz||11,356 gal||25032|
|1 gal.||45,424 gal||25128|
|2.5 gal||113,550 gal||25320|